Monday, July 12, 2010

Recommended Guitarist Richard Waterborn


Our summer party last Friday was a great success and attended by over 50 women from all along the coast.

During the event, we were entertained by guitarist Richard Waterborn who played a wide range of beautiful music during the meal and also to accompany our fashion show. Richard is available for events and weddings and comes highly recommended by WIBS!

Here's a little more about him:

"I fell in love with the guitar at a tender age, listening to Burl Ives! Later I found a second hand LP of Narcisio Yepes and that was it. I was hooked- entranced by the magical sound of the Spanish guitar . I wore the record out, and still play most of the pieces from it in my repertoire. Growing up I explored other styles- rock, blues, folk: then moved to Ireland and immersed myself in traditional music, learning to play fiddle, mandolin and tin whistle. After many happy years playing in various groups I returned to the guitar, both as a traditional solo instrument and for accompanying singers.

In 1998 I moved to Spain and returned to my musical roots- the Spanish guitar. As well as the romantic Spanish repertoire of Tarrega, Granados, Albeniz etc I play a lot of Latin American music as well as arrangements of more contemporary songs, jazz classics, and Irish traditional."

To find out more or book Richard for an event visit his website http://www.richardwaterborn.com/music, email: rwaterborn@eircom.net or call 676346402

No comments:

Post a Comment